From the back cover:
HORROR NEVER DIES.
Born of the U.S. government’s 1928 raid on the degenerate coastal town of Innsmouth, Massachusetts, the covert agency known as Delta Green opposes the forces of darkness with honor but without glory. Delta Green agents fight to save humanity from unnatural horrors—often at a shattering personal cost.
A NIGHT AT THE OPERA collects six Delta Green operations, or “nights at the opera” as agents sometimes call them. Each scenario stands on its own as a moment of terror. Combined, they expose agents to the edges of the horrors of the world of Delta Green, then suck them into abysses of fear and desperation from which the world itself may never emerge.
- REVERBERATIONS: An introductory scenario in which the agents confront foes that were old before Delta Green was born.
- VISCID: Investigating a geneticist’s gruesome death, the agents face lethal conspiracies and uncover horrors that never should have been made.
- MUSIC FROM A DARKENED ROOM: The agents must investigate a house that may be haunted by things more terrifying than ghosts.
- EXTREMOPHILIA: Can the agents stop the spread of an unnatural threat? Or will they become just another vector for the disease?
- THE STAR CHAMBER: The agents must hear and adjudicate the horrific after-action report from another team—by way of playing out scenes from the earlier mission in between scenes of the present day.
- OBSERVER EFFECT: The agents investigate a cutting-edge physics laboratory that may have looked a little too deeply into the nature of reality.
- An index helps the Handler build broader connections between horrors in the campaign.
A NIGHT AT THE OPERA is playable with DELTA GREEN: THE ROLE-PLAYING GAME, an award-winning update to one of the most acclaimed RPG series of all time.