From publisher blurb:
A fascinating mystery for use with award-winning Monster of the Week system and other horror games!
When monsters do monstrous things against their will, should you calm them down or put them down?
Vampires of Budapest were cut off from their coffins by a malicious curse. Unable to find rest they wander the streets of the city, growing more hungry and furious with every passing hour. They won’t last long but they’ll go away with a bang… unless the hunters do something.
Blood in Budapest is a story that focuses on hard choices. The characters know from the start that they are investigating a vampire case and the real discovery here is that vampires are forced to commit their crimes because they can't rest in their coffins. The longer they remain in this state the more they will hurt the citizens – and sthey might even reveal the existence of supernatural creatures to ordinary people!
In the mystery you'll find:
- A vivid description of Budapest and its population
- Historical sites waiting to be demolished by raging vampires
- Simple rules for representing the vampires' growing bloodlust
- Three old, powerful vampires to hunt or seduce your players
- Personal hooks to draw the hunters into the story
- Advice for using the mystery with other systems