From publisher blurb:
NUCLEAR FIRE HAS CONSUMED THE WORLD in this 5th Edition OGL campaign setting sourcebook for apocalyptic science fiction roleplaying!
This alernate timeline of Hypercorps 2099 has been wracked by atomic weapons, the surface of the Earth raised and nearly devoid of life. Recently miraculous events have made the world a bearable place for those who hid below in underground shelters and as they explore the apocalyptic planet, the mutants and other survivors that have claimed the land as their own fight for this new stock of wide-eyed prey.
Can you survive 2099 Wasteland?
Unlike many other campaign settings the 2099 Wasteland is not static — it is a campaign setting generator. Every GM and party of survivors that explore the Wasteland uncover a landscape unique to them built using the rules systems inside this fantastic fully-illustrated (perhaps overly illustrated) 183 page book!
What you'll find in 2099 Wasteland:
- An indepth timeline following the original Hypercorps 2099 until this alternate world splits off in the mid-20th century!
- 4 original classes for 5th Edition: master serums as a doctor, transform into a mutated freak, stalk the Wasteland in power armor as a mechanics, or destroy your foes with SCEINCE as a scrapper!
- 13 different class archetypes for all core classes to bring the original rules into the brutal apocalyptic future!
- 10 character backgrounds: alien abductee, Atomic Army cadet, feral raider, medic, radiation refugee, scientist, shelter captain, shelter dweller, and survivalist!
- 4 new races wandering the Wasteland: synthetic androids, gaxian aliens, lumbering mutants, and nearly-undead smart walkers!
- 8 pages worth of new items, tool kits, prosthetics, grenades, melee weapons, ranged weapons, and CUSTOM-BUILDING RULES for BOTH!
- Over a dozen feats for Aimed Shooting, enhancing mechaframes, healing through radiation, fighting tactically, and a host of other unique new abilities!
- 10 spells designed for use on this scorched Earth or any other world!
- New rules for dehydration, radiation, starvation, the Science and Technology skills, and three new attributes: Irradiated, Luck, and Reputation!
- Life in the Wasteland detailing radio towers, wandering undead, magic bag couriers, the altered short rest and long rest rules (1 day or 1 month respectively—good luck!), fast searching ruins, Vend-Co Drinks & Snacks, ranged critical failures, options for a less brutal Wasteland, and more!
- Settlement rules because after the PCs have explored their Wasteland, the next task is rebuilding society as they see fit!
- Hazards of the Wasteland that plague settlements and explorers alike, ranging from bandit attacks and radtwisters to unexpected detonations!
- SIXTY-THREE (63!) monsters and NPCs of all challenge ratings! Rad-dragons, rad-drakes, building-sized atomic mutants, brain slugs, technomages, Atomic Army soldiers, Knights of the Living Dead, The Wyrm, walkers—the list goes on!
- 6 unique Warlords of the Wasteland and their retinues each with a mapped headquarters! Major Bridgette Beauregard of the Atomic Army, Chainbeard's Roadmasters (along with two pages of VEHICLE RULES!), the Cult of Slaarsh, Merlin (yes, that Merlin) and the Magitechnologists, Morgan le Fay, and The Bureau!
- 13 surviving operators from the pages of Hypercorps 2099, either dimensional counterparts or in the case of Lucky Mack, one unfortunate mercenary that stumbled into the wrong portal.