He died for your salvation. Killed by henchmen of the oppressive Empire, but his death was not final. Instead he ascended to take his place beside God. For once again to return to herald the end times. He was Hastus the playwright. From his pen came The King in Yellow, part play and part deity. You have seen both, and since then nothing has been the same. While you wait for Hastus’ second coming, you spread his gospel and put on his mad play, but you most also hide from the officials and legionnaires of the Carcosan Empire.
Resurrection of the King includes:
• A swords-and-sandals setting where the mad, underground cult of The King in Yellow is trying to survive under the persecution of the vile Carcosan Empire.
• Play the mad and the bad. Characters inspired by the works of Robert Chambers, but set in a different age.
• A story centered on what it means to be at the genesis of a new religion.
• Rules for how cult theology develops and matures, and how the player characters help shape it.
• Over a hundred random events to create the empire's history as the player characters try to change it.
• A simple and adaptable D6-driven system based on Ben Dutter's Ethos Engine. Previously used in Vow of Honor, Hunt the Wicked and Belly of the Beast.
Will you be an Apostle to The King in Yellow?