From publisher blurb:
A Stricken World
Shadows over Vathak blends the Otherworldly, Cosmic Horror themes of New England’s Lovecraft, the Macabre Mysteries of Poe, and the sensibilities of Victorian, Gothic Horror Adventure into an original fantasy setting for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.
In this, our Explorer’s Guide to Vathak, we condense down the expansive country of Vathak and game setting of Shadows over Vathak, and it’s related Player’s Guide (a tome over 450 pages!) into a short but concise text to introduce the uninitiated and preview all that is available in that larger volume.
Included in this book are:
- An overview of the Shadows over Vathak setting and its tone and threats
- A review of all six major countries on Vathak: Grigoria, Sileasia, Khrota, Ina’oth, and The Colonies
- Write-ups (with racial traits) for all nine of the core races of Shadows over Vathak: bhriota, cambion, dhampir, hauntling, romni, svirfneblin, vindari, witchwolves, and wretched.
- A discussion of new classes and class options for Shadows over Vathak, including the full Fortune-Teller class, and half the list of class options for existing core, base, hybrid, and occult classes.
- A review (with basic stats) of the major four religions found on Vathak — The Church of the One True God, Worship of the Old Ones, The Court of Signs, and Ancestor Worship — with a discussion of the important roles cults, secret societies and alternative faiths play in the setting.
- Six example weapons: the lord’s hammer, romni crescent sword, and vindari hellraiser, and including three advanced firearms: the military pistol, military rifle, and vindari hand cannon.
All presented with rich images and discussion of the kinds of expansions to these things you will find in the complete Shadows over Vathak: Player’s Guide and all current and future Shadows over Vathak campaign setting books!