From publisher blurb:
School's in Session!
Corridors filled with robed apprentices. Their companions creatures both natural and conjured from worlds beyond worlds. Classrooms of bubbling cauldrons and summoning circles holding things and fiends most foul. Fantasy academia where tomes penned by inhuman scribes grant unending power. Where duels between mages are thought with spell, wand, and spectral blades.
Larius Firetongue's School of Sorcery is a Swords & Wizardry (and by extent other OSR) compatible sourcebook centering around magic school adventures, although any gaming group that has a love of all things magical can find plenty of usable material within its pages. Within this tome you shall find:
- New playable races such as beastfolk, gnomes, and tieflings to reflect a diverse student body
- Treasured Tomes, which turns books into treasure and whose contents can grant new skills and abilities to readers
- 14 pages worth of new spells, including a cantrip system representing minor expenditures of magical power used by dabblers and apprentices before they master true spells
- A mage-focused hexcrawl environment, containing 3 full-fledged dungeons and a central academy filled with students and teachers with plots both fair and foul
- Charts and tables for generating school-centric NPCs, plots, classroom events, and random encounters when wandering the halls of a magic school
- 3 different hex maps with varying levels of information, perfect for player handouts and secret GM reference!