From the Back Cover:
A giant robot is smashing down Main Street. Your best friend tried to kiss you. Your mom thinks your grades need work. Your mentor thinks your team is bringing you down. Oh, and your costume is ripped.
Just another day in Halcyon City...
Masks: A New Generation is a superhero roleplaying game in which a team of young heroes fights villains, saves lives, and tried to figure out who they are—noble paragons? Dark avengers? Or regular kids? All against the backdrop of Halcyon City, the greatest city in the world.
In this book, you get:
- Ten playbooks for young superheroes, so you can create your own awesome characters
- Rules for superheroic action, interpersonal drama, and changing identity
- Detailed instructions for running the game, building villains, and playing to find out what happens
- Tools for creating your own custom material for Masks
- Masks makes use of the same rules-light engine as Apocalypse World, Monsterhearts, Dungeon World, Urban Shadows, and Epyllion to create stories about young superheroes in the vein of Young Justice, Young Avengers, and Teen Titans.
So what're you waiting for, hero? Time to get to work.