From the Introduction:
With the significant experience we've acquired in developing the Warhammer 40,000 roleplay games, and by listening to thousands of active Dark Heresy players over the years, we're proud to have crafted a new edition that we think takes the original game experience into an exciting new direction.
In this beta, veteran Dark Heresy players will discover a familiar core system that still uses d10 dice to resolve tests, but with updated and new rules, including:
- Streamlined skills that can be used with more than a single characteristic.
- Vehicles and vehicle combat as an integral part of the core game.
- Fast and fun character creation, with exciting variety through combinations of home worlds, backgrounds, and roles for almost endless roleplaying possibilities.
- New rules for psychic powers, with each discipline gaining its own unique psychic phenomena table.
- Talent trees that visually help players plan their character's progression.
- Combat mechanics that give more tactical flexibility and control over performing actions.
- Damage and wound rules that make a character's health something more than just a number, plus lots of great (and gory!) wound effect tables.
- Easier-to-use NPCs, each with a threat rating so that Game Masters can build suitably challenging encounters.
- And much more!