From the publisher's website:
An aging gunslinger seated on his horse scans the town below...
The brash young pilot guns his craft through the asteroid field...
A professor scours the dusty book shelves for the ritual of summoning...
An assassin holds his breath as he gently squeezes the trigger...
Strands of Fate contains everything you need to tell stories of adventure, action, horror, and intrigue set in any genre. Whether it's classic fantasy, urban mystery, dashing super heroes, or far future action, this book is your guide. Strands utilizes the FATE roleplaying game system and provides the Game Master with all the tools he needs to get any campaign, of any genre or power level, off the ground and running in minutes.
Strands of Fate features:
- Rules for creating and playing stories about average people, over the top heroes, or virtual gods.
- A system of Advantages that provide you with fully functional magic, psionics, mutations, cybernetic enhancements, or any other strange power you can imagine.
- Rules for creating and playing with vehicles, from pirate ships to star ships to ten story tall battle mechs.
- Support for non-human races or even transhuman characters.
- A system for creating and controlling units and organizations, and using them to play out regional or world spanning conflicts.
- Antagonists and equipment to challenge and aid your characters, whether they're knights, modern soldiers, or star hopping androids.
Source: Void Star website.