User Summary: the mechanics of the Resolute 2E rpg adapted over to a fantasy system.
Resolute: Towers of Arvandoria uses the highly-regarded 2D6 system introduced in the Resolute Superhero RPG, applying this system to fantasy gaming.
For players, RToA offers flexible character creation, with a point-based system that allows for total customization. You have 7 races and nearly 50 different abilities or spells to choose from, many of which you can tailor specifically to your character concept.
For the game master, RToA offers:
- A textured and balanced combat system that makes resolution simple to run but that provides a wide range of options to players.
- Clear, quick and easy-to-adjudicate rules that cover nearly any situation.
- A single mechanic that applies everywhere; creating foes takes only minutes, and you can build entire adventures quickly, with virtually no prep work.
- 12 sample monsters that give you models to work from.
- A dynamic and textured game setting that inspires further adventure.
- Rules to quickly generate hundreds of magical treasures.
- An introductory adventure to get you started right away.
You also get ongoing support through splinteredrealm.blogspot.com, and regular new releases.