The ORIGINAL Fantasy Mecha Roleplaying Game.
Revised & Expanded Edition
Rune Stryders is a new direction in fantasy roleplaying. The game introduces Stryders, towering war machines (think mecha) brought to life through runic magic and guided by skilled pilots. These Stryders come in varied forms, from the steel-clad behemoths of the Confederated Nations to the living, walking trees of the Kantarin. The Sivatagi of the northern deserts control giant insects with runes, while the primitive Draslander augment their scavenged Stryders with bones and skulls.
Runic magic is not limited to powering war machines, however. Mages use the language of Rhun to cast deadly spells, and runed items command hefty prices and are treasured among those who trust their lives to their weapons and gear. Runic magic is powerful, but limited by the known runes. Knowledge of a new rune is an invaluable treasure, and many die in their pursuit of unique new runes.
- Extensive Background Information: History, geography, color maps, and detailed information on the world's nationalities paint a vivid picture of the setting.
- Character Templates: Forty-two character templates (seven from each of the six nationalities) get you into the action quickly, and easy-to-use character customization rules give you the freedom to create your own original hero (or build one from scratch).
- Stryder Templates: Ten stryder templates, ranging from the mechanical to the organic, put you in the pilot seat, and easy-to-use stryder construction rules allow you to customize them for your own needs.
- Magical Runes: Forty-five main runes plus five control runes, each creating different magical effects, can be combined to create countless more.
- Versatile System: The unique, easy-to-learn system, utilizing 10-sided dice is optimized for tactical play, while offering a consistent and flexible gaming experience.