[From the back cover.]
What is the Open Core System?
- The Open Core System is derived from the best of today’s Open Gaming Content, creating a new, strong, coherent and flexible role-playing game system - it’s the house rules you’ve been waiting for.
- The Open Core System is effects-based to help you create that “perfect” character using attributes, skills, abilities, and disabilities.
- The Open Core System is “classless,” a point-based system that can allow players and GMs to create a wide variety of characters and world.
- The Open Core System can handle a wide spectrum of genres “right out of the box,” from science fiction to super-heroes to anthropomorphics to classic fantasy.
- The Open Core System uses a simple, time-proven base mechanic: 3d6 + Attribute + Skill VS. Target Number. Variant rules for other dice (1d20, etc.) are included.
- It’s easy to convert characters and campaigns from other popular open gaming systems to the Open Core System.
- The Open Core System is fully extensible; Open Content from other systems can easily integrate into the Open Core System.