From the Introduction:
In Scavengers, you will assume the role of a Soul unbound by Time and able to bring its current incarnation with where it goes. You will discover the connections between you, your ancestors, and other Scavengers. Maybe you will stand shoulder to shoulder with kin and cadre, somewhere in the farflung future or distant past, and stare down Death one final time.
- Out of a barn near a creek, she stumbled into daylight and squinted her way to a farmhouse where the surprised housewife tried to chase her out with a knife. Both women, resembling each-other so closely as to appear siblings, died that afternoon. The ones who see behind the veil, the beings outside-of-time, again paused in shock: the two souls, linked by generations, fused into an even more powerful point of energy. The Soul which had already thwarted Death once blazed with the intensity of the original Spark as it threaded along its timeline to a new location; the ancestor completely engulfed within, it had become the first of the Scavengers.
What you will need
- 2-5 players, counting an optional GM.
- Writing sticks and a surface - markers on a whiteboard on the table, filing cards, looseleaf, napkins, the paper from a Write Your Own Will Kit would be rather clever.
- A deck of cards - Using a standard 52 card deck will be explained, but I trust that a Tarot deck like the Rider-Waite (with its numbered major arcana) would work really well with just a bit of tweaking.
- A few dozen counters - pennies, glass beads, knuckle bones, even that bucket of dice you have sitting around and won't be needing today.