Iron Reviewer 2013 - Contestants
designer
Support comes in many forms: community involvement, forum posts, submitting data, running PbF games, word-of-mouth advertising, financial donations... All these are vital to this site, and you have my sincere thanks for participating in any of them.
Recommend
Click here for the sign-up and discussion thread.

What is Iron Reviewer? It is a competition starting January first to find the most tenacious of all of the Geek's reviewers.

There is an existing Iron Reviewer contest still going on that started in 2011. You can see the details of that contest here:
Iron Reviewer: Last Geek Standing
Iron Reviewer Discussion Thread

Since that contest launched, our community has grown and many new members have expressed an interest in joining in the fun. So this is a new version of the same contest, open to all site members!

Current Deadline: post a review by midnight every day until only one reviewer is left standing!
Current local time in Dallas, Texas, USA ("BGG Time")

The rules are as follows:

d10-1 There is no entry fee; this is open to all site users.
d10-2 Keep writing reviews to the schedule, or you're out:
d10-21 One review every two weeks up to 1 July (13 reviews).
d10-22 Then one review every week up to 30 September (13 more reviews).
d10-23 Then two reviews every week up to 30 December (26 more reviews).
d10-24 Then one review every day until everyone drops out.
d10-3 There are three lifelines, each of which can only be used once per contestant:
d10-31 Freebie: If you miss a review, you have to write two EXTRA in the following time period to get back in (four extra if you skip two reviews in one week in the October to December period).
d10-32 Vacation: You can miss a review period with no penalty as long as you inform the group while turning in the previous review. So if you plan to miss review number 15, you must inform of this when you post review number 14.
d10-33 Personal: If you feel for some reason that because of personal events beyond your control you were not be able to review, you can use this option. The honour system is in effect here. This lifeline should not be used lightly. It should not be used because of technical problems, laziness or bad fortune that could have been avoided, but for graver situations.
d10-4 All reviews have to be posted during the two-week period. All reviews have to be in by midnight RPG Geek time (before the end of Monday). It is the submission time that matters here, rather than the time it gets through GeekMod.
d10-5 All reviews can be for any kind of entry in the RPGG database. The review can't have been published anywhere else before it is posted on the 'Geek and it can't be a video review. Periodicals and issues may be reviewed, but not individual articles.
d10-6 Any one review will only count towards one Iron Reviewer contest (the folks still churning out daily reviews for the 2011 contest will have to submit additional reviews if they join in here as well).
d10-7 Everyone who enters at least one review for this contest will be given an exclusive microbadge.
d10-8 The prize pot consists of all GeekGold tipped to the signup thread. The winner gets 2/3 of the pot. The one who has earned the most thumbs for their reviews gets 1/3.
d10-9 At any time when only one participant meets the deadline, and no one has called a vacation, the posting player is declared the winner. That means only the vacation lifeline can get you out of losing.
d10-0 If a deadline passes and no one posts, all remaining players gets a freebie.

This GeekList tracks all the participants, how many lifelines they have and all reviews they have posted.

If anyone wants to join, post in the signup thread (and say what database item you would like to represent you in the contest GeekList). Since the first deadline is January 14th, anyone can join before this date. So, while the competition starts on the January 1st, people can join until the 14th.

Special thanks go to Steve Donohue for creating this contest, and to Karl Larsson for being the faithful arbiter of the 2011 contest.

Just another Steve
Paul Baldowski
Stockport
Cheshire

Reviews:

70: Simple Adventures from Simpler Times, but too Simple perhaps: A Review of Lone Wolf Multiplayer Game Book
69: Beginners Guide to Traps in Alphabetical Order: A Review of Tomb of Rils
68: I've Got This Dull Pain in My Peaks: A Review of The Mysterious Peaks of Baranthar
67: Sounds to me like a euphemism for "freaky cult": A Review of Cultists Under the Bed
66: No Disintegrations, Fine Introductions: A Review of Star Wars Gamer, Volume 1, Issue 1
65: Avast, me proud beauty! Shiver me timbers!: A Review of The Fate Freeport Companion
64: They Lurk in the Shadows of the Darkest of Days: A Review of The Ravens of Despair
63: Musings on a Dark, Satanic Place: A Review of Arcane, Issue #6
62: 10 Minutes to Defend Against Identity Theft: A Review of Lightspeed Raid for Star Ace
61: The Joys of Dumpster Diving in the Ninth World: A Review of Artifacts & Oddities Collection I, for Numenera
60: Limber and All Warmed Up: A Review of Arcane, Issue #4
59: By the Power of the All Father, I Command Thee: A Review of Lost Treasures - Glory of the Aesir
58: Don't expect chocolates on the pillows: A Review of Cat's Eye, an adventure for Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space
57: An Unexpected Journey: A Review of The One Ring - Adventures Over the Edge of the Wild
56: Make the Right Move: A Review of Purple Duck Storeroom: Arbakampsi, a Game within a Game
55: Look to the Skies: A Review of Ken Writes About Stuff #6: Moon Dust Men for Gumshoe
54: That's it! Cheese! We'll go somewhere where there's cheese!: A Review of Dyson’s Dodecahedron, Vol 1 Issue 8
53: Back to the Fur-ture?: A Review of 2013 48-Hour RPGs Time Agents
52: A Pile of Old Rubbish Given New Purpose: A Review of Cypher Collection I, a Numenera supplement
51: Them Ain't No Injuns In That Them Hills: A Review of Medicine Man, a Doctor Who adventure
50: Bring Me The Part of Don Führer: A Review of Spare Parts #2 - Magnificence for Frankenstein Atomic Frontier
49: The Rats Out of the Bag: A Review of Hide: Classic Monsters Reskinned - Ratfolk
48: You Go Five Yards and All of Human Existence is Revealed: A Review of Looking Glass: Mumbai for the Gumshoe system
47: A Barrel Full of Damp Squibs: A Review of Sea Dogs of England, a Timemaster adventure
46: I’m a Doctor… Not a bricklayer: A Review of Witness For The Defense, a Star Trek adventure
45: Raising Cain with the Science Boys: A Review of The Vanished, a Star Trek adventure supplement
44: This Guy Walks into a Bar... But, What Happens Then?: A Review of The Fire Within - Codes and Principles
43: And Then Something Falls Off...: A Review of Frankenstein Atomic Frontier
42: When Those Stars Are Almost Right: A Review of AGE Bestiary - Alien Horrors
41: I read it for the articles, obviously... : a review of arcane, issue #3
40: Raiders of the Third Crusade: a review of The Tomb of Solomon, a Deus Vult adventure
39: The Clockwork, Spring-Loaded Instruments of God: a review of Deus Vult, for RuneQuest II
38: The Short Version? A review of Arcane #2, interesting but slightly disappointing second issue of 90s RPG magazine, in the general style of a certain other reviewer
37: Voyage into the Cold, Uncaring Unknown... Because You're Worth It: a Review of Foreign Element
36: That Black, Aeon-Dead Orb - A Review of In Strange Aeons: Lovecraftian Numenera
35: The Devil's in the Lack of Detail: a Review of Numenera's The Devil's Spine
34: Air Guitar, not required: a review of Duty Unto Death, a Dragon Age adventure
33: Esoteric and Diverse Ruminations on the Theorie and Practis of Vulgar Magimathics: A Review of Rough Magicks
32: I love it when a plan comes together: A Review of The Rogue's Guide to Capers
31: Crouching Threats, Hidden Woses: A Review of Woses of the Black Wood
30: Missing - Common Sense Design: A Review of Timemaster Screen (featuring Missing: PT 109 adventure)
29: Short Trip to Adventure: A Review of The Ancient Academy
28: Waifs, Strays, Rogues and Mages: A Review of MERPs Brigands of Mirkwood
27: Beastly Good Times: A Review of AGE Bestiary - Beastmen
26: The Green Box that Got Me Hooked: a review of 2nd edition Call of Cthulhu
25: Roleplaying Magazine as a History of Our Gaming Times: a review of arcane, issue #1
24: The disappointing second album, perhaps?: a review of Dragon Age - Set 2
23: In the end we will all give in to The Burn... - a review of Porphyry - World of the Burn for Tunnels & Trolls
22: A Game of Dark Fantasy with Tons of Potential: a review of Dragon Age - Set 1
21: My female Halfling looks Hot: a review of Nonhuman Adventurer Sheets for Runequest 3rd Edition
20: Enormous Ghoulies! See Page 36 - a review of Red Giant Vol 1 No 2
19: And this is a picture of my dear Aunt before I brought her before the Inquisition - a review of the Dark Heresy Character Folio
18: In the Shadows of a Galaxy, Far Far Away - a review of the Edge of the Empire adventure Shadows of a Black Sun
17: The First Bite of a Crimson Titan's Penultimate Offering - a review of Red Giant Vol 1 No 1
16: Where the Land of the Khuzdul and Humanity meet - a review of Encyclopedia Harnica 16
15: My First is in Colour, my Last is Next Issue - a review of Hârnlore 10
14: Hey man, I don't wanna rain on your parade, but we're not gonna last four hours! - a review of Continuity
13: Presenting the First of Many Volumes of Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey Stuff (Doctor Who AiTaS: 1st Doctor)
12: Scraping Away the Barnacles of Familiarity for a Fresh Spray of Salty Horror - in Hideous Creatures: Deep Ones
11: Less than 15% meat guaranteed in this meat pie - a little too much filler in the mid-80s Fantasy Chronicles magazine, Issue #1
10: Weaving stories of Religion, Science Fiction, and Police Drama on the Cutting Edge - a review of Triune Corebook GM Edition
9: You'll be relieved to hear the architect's fee has been waived, so that's just MCr 777.54 plus tax - a review of Supplement 07: Traders and Gunboats
8: Are We Seriously Considering The Possibility That He Staged His Death for Tax Reasons? - a review of The Esoterrorist adventure Profane Miracles
7: A 35-year old Collection of Tables and Formulae that Might Still Provide Some Entertainment for the Right Kind of Gamer (Heroes)
6: When a Voyage into Imagination at the heart of a Multi-Genre Pocket Universe goes Horribly Wrong (Disc-Continuity)
5: The Tooth might be rotten, but the Forge makes for a fine dungeoncrawl (D&D 3E: Forge of Fury)
4: In The Most Painful Manner Possible (LotFP: Death Love Doom)
3: Pepper the Monsters, Hold the Horror (Monster Horrorshow)
2: Three Shades of Grey - in Dom Amroth (Assassins of Dol Amroth)
1: Expanding into the Occult beyond ISO9001 Audits (Laundry Files: Agent's Handbook)

Freebie (but now you have to turn in three reviews before the next deadline).
Vacation (you have to do tell us about this before the deadline of the one you plan to miss).
Personal (only to be used if you feel the reason is sufficient).
Loading... | Locked Hide Show Unlock Lock Comment     View Previous {{limitCount(numprevitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
{{comment.error.message}}
    View More Comments {{limitCount(numnextitems_calculated,commentParams.showcount)}} / {{numnextitems_calculated}} 1 « Pg. {{commentParams.pageid}} » {{data.config.endpage}}
2. RPG Item: Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook [Average Rating:7.91 Overall Rank:38]
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Reviews:
70: A high-powered module featuring giants, ice, and a giant cuckoo clock in the ice. (Pathfinder: Witchwar Legacy)
69: One of the hardest scenario's out there. (Pathfinder Society 4-02)
68: There is a castle on a cloud, I like to go there in my sleep. (Pathfinder: Curse of the Riven Sky)
67: In the jungle, the mighty jungle... (Pathfinder Society 1-33)
66: 'Together we shall go to marvel-shadowed Innsmouth.' (Pathfinder: From Shore to Sea)
65: The start of Paizo's Pathfinder Society Organized Play program. (Pathfinder Society 0-01)
64: A guide to dungeon survival, but not as useful as it sounds. (Pathfinder: Dungeoneer's Handbook)
63: A shake up in the Pathfinder Society's leadership. (Pathfinder Society 2-21)
62: If you believe, clap your hands! Pathfinder: Realm of the Fellnight Queen)
61: The danger next to you (Pathfinder Society 5-02)
60: I'm just here for the gasoline: a review of Apocalypse World.
59: A scenario set in the sweltering sands of Sarenrae's supplicants! (Pathfinder Society 1-39)
58: Hell hath no fury (Pathfinder: Cheliax)
57: Goblins put in a new daylight (Pathfinder Society 3-01)
56: A materialistic review of the Mouse Guard RPG Box Set.
55: Disclaimer: sleepwalking in the mountains can be hazardous to your health (Pathfinder Society 4-19)
54: Steel your resolve and tighten your flesh against the lash of the Razor! (Pathfinder: Freebooters Guide to the Razor Coast)
53: Welcome to Golarion, a world filled with potential adventure of all kind! (Pathfinder: Inner Sea World Guide)
52: A free monster module (Pathfinder: We Be Goblins!)
51: Release the kraken! (Pathfinder: Pirates of the Inner Sea)
50: Do you have what it takes to fight for the ideals of the Mouse Guard?
49: Always be prepared! (Pathfinder: Adventurer's Armory)
48: The ultimate character builder (Hero Lab)
47: Into the drow city (Pathfinder #16)
46: Explore, report, cooperate! (Pathfinder Society Field Guide)
45: Here there be dragons! (Pathfinder: Dragons Unleashed)
44: Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. (Pathfinder: Carrion Hill)
43: The Moon, she hangs like a cruel portrait... (Pathfinder: Blood of the Moon)
42: A blast from the past! (Pathfinder #15)
41: Places of Myth and Legend (Pathfinder: Mythic Realms)
40: Introducing the misfits! (Pathfinder: Misfit Monsters Redeemed)
39: The road to hell is paved with gold (Pathfinder: City of Golden Death)
38: Keeping the mythic alive! (Pathfinder: Mythic Origins)
37: Regicide! (Pathfinder: Way of the Wicked 4)
36: Thirty prestige classes talked about. (Pathfinder: Paths of Prestige)
35: Heigh ho, heigh ho, it's off to work we go (Pathfinder #14)
34: An adventure path with a reputation... (Pathfinder #13)
33: One door closes as another one opens (Dungeon Dressing: Secret Doors)
32: Power attracts the corruptible. Suspect any who seek it. (Pathfinder: Faiths of Corruption)
31: Expanding the Pathfinder campaign setting (Pathfinder: Dragon Empires Primer)
30: You've taken your first step into a larger world. (Pathfinder: Mythic Adventures)
29: A free, wonderful mashup of Star Wars and Firefly (Lady Blackbird)
28: A time saving helper for combat encounters. (Pathfinder: SORD PF)
27: The Juggernaut of fantasy games! (Pathfinder)
26: Show some character! (Pathfinder: Iconic Characters)
25: Balance is walking the path between two immovable walls. (Pathfinder: Faiths of Balance)
24: Faith is not something to grasp, it is a state to grow into. (Pathfinder: Faiths of Purity)
23: All hail Razmir! (Pathfinder: Masks of the Living God)
22: Excellent debut adventure from a 3PP publisher (Pathfinder: Dark Totem #1)
21: Nibble, nibble, little mouse, who is nibbling at my house? (Pathfinder #72)
20: It's a magical world... Let's go exploring! (Pathfinder: Inner Sea Magic)
19: A boring read but extremely useful at the gaming table (Pathfinder: Magnimar, City of Monuments)
18: Ways to roll up a tiefling in Golarion (Pathfinder: Blood of Fiends)
17: It's dangerous to go alone! Take this. (Pathfinder: Crypt of the Everflame)
16: Are you SURE you want to go down that dark alleyway? (Pathfinder: Urban Dressing: Alleyways)
15: Pathfinder travels to Russia; brilliant idea or jumping the shark? (Pathfinder #71)
14: To boldly go where no man has gone before... (Pathfinder #70)
13: Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Pathfinder: Animal Archive)
12: The Definitive guide to Clever Warriors; for players who want more from their combats. (Pathfinder: Strategists & Tacticians)
11: "Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and a horrible tempest, this shall be the portion of their cup." (Pathfinder: Way of the Wicked 3)
10: We're not in Kansas anymore! (Pathfinder #69)
9: Hi, my name is... (So What's the NPC Like, Anyway?)
8: O Grandmother, O Great Crone, You Came To Us And Raised A Throne! (Pathfinder #68)
7: You're only doing good when you're being bad! (Pathfinder: Way of the Wicked 2)
6: When this baby hits 88 mph... (Pathfinder: The Time Thief)
5: If she weighs the same as a duck... (Pathfinder #67)
4: Winter is coming! (PF Reign of Winter Player's Guide)
3: How many times have you saved the world? (Way of the Wicked 1)
2: Sure, Fiasco looks like fun, but would it be something for me?
1: Can last year's new format rejuvenate the Player Companion line? (Pathfinder: Varisia)

3. RPG Item: Witless Minion! [Average Rating:7.10 Unranked]
Just another Steve
Allen Park
Michigan

Reviews:
70: The Short Version? This is a great mini-campaign for any supers game. (Champions: Dystopia)
69: The Short Version? For my money, this is a must own supplement for any games in the Original World of Darkness setting. (World of Darkness: Combat)
68: En Garde!? The rules don't say RPG but the game always turns into one! (En Garde!)
67: The Short Version? If you don't mind slavery in your fantasy kingdom, this is an interesting setting rife with opportunities. (Pathfinder: Sargava)
66: The Short Version? There are a half-dozen unique and interesting towns here with the seeds for many more. (Pathfinder: Towns of the Inner Sea)
65: The Short Version? Good book even if you aren't a knight on Golarion (Pathfinder: Knights of the Inner Sea)
64: The Short Version? i wouldn't hunt demons without the information in this book. (Pathfinder: Demon Hunter's Handbook)
63: The Short Version? Don't fight dragons without this book! (Pathfinder: Dragonslayer's Handbook)
62: The Short Version? If you want to know more about Orcs, this is a great book, but it's not focused on PCs. (Pathfinder: Orcs of Golarion)
61: The Short Version? Kobolds are sort of like the Merry to the goblin's Pippin. Both are good, but kobolds aren't quite as much fun. (Pathfinder: Kobolds of Golarion)
60: The Short Version? Goblins, as presented in this book, are a lot of fun. (Pathfinder: Goblins of Golarion)
59: The Short Version? it's a good book if you don't own a lot of books and if you really like playing humans. (Pathfinder: Humans of Golarion)
58: The Short Version? This book will make you wish you were at least playing a halfling (Pathfinder: Halflings of Golarion)
57: The Short Version? Lots of interesting, clever, and well-balanced new options for gnomes. (Pathfinder: Gnomes of Golarion)
56: The Short Version? A good book even if you're an elf whose not from Golarion. (Pathfinder: Elves of Golarion)
55: The Short Version? Not as well organized as later books in the series, but useful if you're playing a dwarf (Pathfinder: Dwarves of Golarion)
54: The Short Version? Always hated filling in that deity line? This book gives you some great options for leaving it blank. (Pathfinder: Faiths & Philosophies)
53: The Short Version? If you're tired of every Good character being similar, this is your chance to fix it. (Pathfinder: Champions of Purity)
52: The Short Version? Lots and lots of character-option expanding crunch with a light dusting of excellent fluff. (Pathfinder: Magical Marketplace)
51: The Short Version? if you don't mind laughing at presidential politics, this is a nice sandboxy adventure. (Champions: Foxbat for President!)
50: The Short Version? As long as your heroes can put some faith in authorities, this is a great adventure. (Champions: Blood Fury)
49: The Short Version? San Angelo is a tremendous setting for Champions and relatively easy to adapt for other games (Champions: San Angelo setting)
48: The Short Version? Great resources for Dark Champions or any other modern espionage setting. (Champions: Heroic Adventures 2)
47: The Short Version? Three good adventures, several good villains and the first appearance of San Angelo (the city) make this a great book. (Champions: Heroic Adventures 1)
46: The Short Version? This is the only city book you need for running a supers game. (Champions: San Angelo)
45: The Short Version? The Dragon's Gate is the sort of book I'd hope to write if I were writing a book to expand an existing city sourcebook. (City Heroes: Dragon's Gate)
44: The Short Version? Denizens of Los Angeles is an excellent implementation of an idea other settings should emulate. (Champions: Denizens of San Angelo)
43: The Short Version? A good primer for Supers GMs everywhere and awesome if you're using San Angelo for your Champions game. (Champions: Enemies of San Angelo)
42: The Short Version? The third time is definitely a charmer. (Kobold Quarterly #3)
41: Adventurer and Troll? This might be the first "filler" rpg that works. (Adventurer and Troll)
40: Antlers? A great idea that could use a little more development (Antlers)
39: Agents of Five? I should have paid more attention to the math (Agents of Five)
38: The Short Version? Rereading this issue has left me hungry for a D&D 3.5 or Pathfinder game which I'd say makes it pretty successful. (Kobold Quarterly #9)
37: The Short Version? I see your humanoid roach and raise you a flying bar stool. (Kobold Quarterly #8)
36: The Short Version? The second issue is even better than the first and that's saying something. (Kobold Quarterly #2)
35: The Short Version? This first anniversary issue is a tour de force of awesome. (Kobold Quarterly #5)
34: InSpectres? As long as the players are on the same page and don't necessarily need an exciting conclusion, you'll probably have fun. (InSpectres)
33: The Short Version? Another great issue with lots of new contributors. I'm sold. (Kobold Quarterly #4)
32: The Short Version? This innaugural issue is chock full of d20 goodness. (Kobold Quarterly #1)
31: Camp Myth? If you're ready for some fun in the woods, this is a great choice! (Camp Myth)
30: The Short Version? This magazine might be better if Pinnacle was more focused in general. (Epitaph #4)
29: The Short Version? Great fiction and adventures make this a great issue. (Epitaph #3)
28: The Short Version? No sophomore jinx here -- this is another wonderful issue. (Epitaph #2)
27: The Short Version? There's not a lot of content in this first issue, but what there is makes up for it in quality. (Epitaph #1)
26: The Short Version? A good introductory scenario for an interesting game. (S&SS!: House of Blue Men!)
25: The Short Version? You don't need this book. (Power Gamer's 3.5 Wizard Strategy Guide)
24: The Short Version? This is a pretty good book of ready to use NPCs and it's not as bad as the cover implies. (D&D 3.0: Dramatis Personae)
23: The Short Version? Like Bill Blazejowski, James Desborough is an idea man. Unlike Billy Blaze, Grim actually has good ideas. (100 Fantasy Adventure Seeds)
22: The Short Version? What?! No Snake Plisskin?. Fail! (Okay, really it's not that bad) (D&D 3.0: Prison City of Hell's Reach)
21: The Short Version? One of the few books I'm embarassed to own. (Power Gamer's 3.5 Warrior Strategy Guide)
20: The Short Version? This is a good setting book although it's probably even better for an experienced GM. (S&SS!: ZZZ Quick Guide to North America!)
19: The Short Version? This is so good I'm thinking about playing the RPG even though I didn't like it. (S&SS!: Vulture Men of Waukegan!)
18: The Short Version? This is perhaps the best 12 page adventure I've ever seen.. (S&SS!: Scourge of the Mall Rats!)
17: The Short Version? This is a great collection of creatures for Sorcery and Super Science (S&SS!: Creatures Below the Shattered Moon!)
16: Sorcery & Super Science!? This post-apocalypse game is entirely too random all the way around. (Sorcery & Super Science!)
15: The Short Version? This is a great issue no matter which Hero game you love. (Adventurers Club #25)
14: The Short Version? Good articles, but the historical significance of Steve Long's first contribution to Hero can't be ignored. (Adventurers Club #17)
13: The Short Version? This is a good issue for those who play Fantasy, Cyber or Horror Hero. (Adventurers Club #23)
12: The Short Version? Another great issue, particularly if you're fond of brick characters. (Adventurers Club #20)
11: The Short Version? If you had to choose an issue not to have, this one might be it. (Adventurers Club #19)
10: The Short Version? If you want a great sandbox adventure where detectives will thrive, this is your issue. (Adventurers Club #15)
9: The Short Version? More pages, a great fantasy adventure and using poisons, drugs, and toxins make this a great issue. (Adventurers Club #16)
8: The Short Version? This is a good first combined issue with both Hero and ICE content for the first time. (Adventurers Club #8)
7: The Short Version? Another excellent issue that surpasses even the promise offered by the first issue. (Adventurers Club #2)
6: The Short Version? I think the first issue was better, but this one is no slouch. Plenty of good and interesting content to be had. (KA•GE #1.2)
5: Luchador? It feels a little gamey in places, but they are the right places. (Luchador)
4: The Short Version? If your players don't kill you when you run this they must really love you (or be desperate to game) (Adventure Booster: Legacy of Madness)
3: The Short Version? A great collection of all the things players hate in an adventure. (Adventure Booster: Temple of Eternal Flame)
2: The Short Version? Fools are annoying to friends and foes alike and so aren't much help when adventuring. (Power Classes 12: Fool)
1: The Short Version? This is a great resource for those who want to carry more than "Standard Adventurer's Pack #3" (Goods and Gear)

4. RPG: Ratten! [Average Rating:7.00 Overall Rank:446]
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
What's one damage?
It's na-fing!

Reviews:
30: An English review on an old German DSA adventure (DSA2: A010)
29: An English review on a classic German DSA adventure. (DSA2: A029)
28: A useful supplement? Not for everybody! (AD&D2: DMGR3)
27: An interessting book on the gods of the non-human humanoids (AD&D2: DMGR4)
26: The one and only bestiary for Planescape according to AD&D 2nd edition (AD&D2: Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix)
26: The one and only (German) bestiary for Raveloft according to AD&D 2nd edition (AD&D2: MC10+15)
26: The one and only bestiary for Dark Sun according to AD&D 2nd edition (AD&D2: MC12)
25: Freebie life line used
24: The one and only bestiary for the Forgotten Realms according to AD&D 2nd edition (AD&D2: MC03)
23: The central bestiary for AD&D 2nd edition (AD&D2: MC01)
22: Everything a German CoC player needs (Cthulhu Spieler-Handbuch 2nd ed)
21: A great supplement if you play a elemental magican and a good one for GMs (DSA4: Elementare Gewalten)
20: A useful gimmick (DSA4: Trefferzonenwürfel)
19: Useful in the 90s - not so useful now (AD&D2: REF2 Character Record Sheets)
18: Quite useless collection of tables (AD&D2: Fighter's Screen)
17: One of the more useful items within the "... Screen" line (AD&D2: Wizard's Screen)
16: All the rules for magic (DSA4: Wege der Zauberei)
15: Complete character generation rules for DSA 4.1 (DSA4: Wege der Helden)
14: Expanded skill and fighting rules - A must-have for DSA 4.1 players (DSA4: Wege des Schwerts)
13: A good starting point but nothing you will need if you are really going to play it (DSA4: Basisregelwerk)
12: What is so special about...(Episode 3)...Ratten!
11: How to be an intelligent rat (Ratten!)
10: Everything you (n)ever wanted to know about medieval weaponry (Saga-System: Saga 8)
9: How to be a plush toy! (Plüsch, Power & Plunder 2nd ed)
8: "It'a trap!"..."No, it is 21 traps!" (Saga-System: Saga 4)
7: What's so special about.... (Episode 2)... Call of Cthulhu
6: What is so special about...DSA 4.1
5: You can never have enough puzzles! (Rätsel 2 für Rollenspieler)
4: This book may save your life when you meet Gollum! (Rätsel für Rollenspieler)
3: The only spellbook for DSA 4.1 (Liber Cantiones Revised)
2: Finally a real spell book (Liber Cantiones)
1: The Dream Labyrinth - An English review on a German adventure (DSA A020)

5. RPG Item: Nightmare in Norway [Average Rating:5.56 Overall Rank:7562]
Karl Larsson
Norway

Reviews:
21: Never enough time (Trail of Cthulhu: Out of Time)
20: A military parade through the pages (Only War: Hammer of the Emperor)
19: Please please me (Black Crusade: Tome of Excess)
18: Rock the Coffin (Deadlands SW: Coffin Rock)
17: To protect, but not to serve (Traveller: Judge Dredd)
16: Everything becomes clear and oozy (Trail of Cthulhu: Rending Box)
15: Oh Siblings where art thou? (Trail of Cthulhu: Dance in the Blood)
14: Mechanics and magic (Ars Magica 5th ed: Covenants)
13: Pointless horror and death has never been this good (Trail of Cthulhu: Watchers in the Sky)
12: War, what is it good for? Absolutely nothin'! (Only War: Final Testament)
11: Once Upon a Time in the West (Deadlands SW: Marshal's Handbook)
10: Zombie Cowboy-calypse (Deadlands SW: Player's Guide)
9: Not just blood and brass... But still a lot of blood and brass (Black Crusade: Tome of Blood)
8: Not just Only War
7: Pick up your wand and pencil (Ars Magica 5th ed)
6: Four funerals, no wedding (Ashen Stars: Dead Rock Seven)
5: Your life in the future: Living in a can out in space, all your gaffes caught on camera, and your boss is a gorilla (Eclipse Phase: Panopticon)
4: Have some fate (Black Crusade: Tome of Fate)
3: Dare to be evil (Black Crusade)
2: Greatest show never made (Ashen Stars)
1: Ice, anarchists and prose (Eclipse Phase: Rimward)

{{comment.error.message}}
6. RPG Item: Dungeons & Dragons Set 1: Basic Rules [Average Rating:7.57 Overall Rank:127]
DMSamuel
Wurtsboro
New York
RPGMusings.com
I hide behind the pile of dead bards...

Reviews:
12: Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum! I Feel the Weight of a Pirate on the Stern! (D&D 4E: Pirate of the High Seas)
11: Creating Your World Map One Sciency Step at a Time Magical Society: Guide to Mapping
10: A useful 3rd Party Supplement for 4e D&D (D&D 4E: Azagar's Book of Rituals)
9: The Imperium is stretched thin and the Psionic Heresy is alive! (Traveller: Supplement 3)
8: Random encounter generation that makes ecological sense and spans 100s of worlds (Traveller: Supplement 2)
7: A Ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are for! (Traveller: Book 5)
7: I don't know but I've been told, Mercenary is the way to go! (Traveller: Book 4)
7: Troopers and Thugs, and 816 Other People (Traveller: Supplement 1)
6: Freebie life line used
5: Billions and Billions, and Animals on Every One! (Traveller: Book 3)
4: Passenger Berths that can kill you, and the captain bets on it! (Traveller: Book 2)
3: A wanna-be powerful artifact sought by factions and obtained by a dragon (D&D 4E: HS1)
2: How to Stop Worrying and Love the Wilderness (The Wilderness Alphabet)
1: Service, possible death, and lasers, and the game has yet to begin! (Traveller: Book 1)

{{comment.error.message}}
7. RPG Item: Les Chroniques des Féals - Le Livre Univers [Average Rating:10.00 Unranked]
Yohann
France
Pandacon is Panda-On!
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
mbmb

Reviews:
12: “You’re my best friend and I love you so much that I want to hurt you and see you bleed to death, just to hurt myself.“ - A review of Monsterhearts [Iron Review 2013 #12]
11: “This daunting, mad colossus of a book has the capability of unlocking what is most fantastic and fabulous in our imagination! “ - A review of the Pathfinder Core Rulebook [Iron Review 2013 #11]
10: “With this oath I swear to put the needs of my fellow mice above mine, and enforce this at the point of my sword if need be!” – A review of Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game [Iron Review 2013 #10]
9: “Nanomachines have transformed my brain into super software, and my mindset now inhabits a disposable artificial body. And you know what? I’m feeling as normal as ever… ” – A review of Nova Praxis [Iron Review 2013 #09]
8: “ Forget your silly cartoons, boy. Here what’s real is steel against chitin !” – A review of CthulhuTech [Iron Review 2013 #08]
7: “It doesn’t matter if you get caught. What really matters is the plan and my, ahem, I mean our mon… BANG!” – A review of Fiasco [Iron Review 2013 #07]
7: “I challenge you, and with you, your beliefs and everything you stand for. Why, you’re asking me? But to change your world of course!”– A review of Spark RPG [Iron Review 2013 #06b]
7: “If there's something strange in your neighborhood. Who ya gonna call? InSpectres!” – A review of InSpectres [Iron Review 2013 #6a]
6: Freebie life line used
5: “One needs more than brick and mortar to build up and stretch a timelined world, it takes a vision from many conflicting kindred spirits.” A review of Microscope [Iron Reviewer 2013 #05]
4: "Dear Princess Celestia, it is no easy feat to enforce the magic of friendship in the savage world of Equestria." A review of The Savage World of My Little Pony (4th Edition) [Iron Review 2013 #04]
3: “A volleyfire of dice and a trail of dead NPCs” - A review of Hollowpoint. [Iron Review 2013 #03]
2: "So many stars in this immense universe, so let's make a few our own!" - A Review of Diaspora [Iron Review 2013 #02]
1: Leaner, Punchier, Clearer! A review of Savage Worlds Deluxe Explorer’s Edition. [Iron Review 2013 #01]

Jan
Belgium
De Haan
I love cargo biking!
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!

11: Vacation life line used
10: What’s it all about? All Flesh Must Be Eaten
9: What’s it all about? The Order of the Stick
8: What’s it all about? Dark Heresy
7: What’s it all about? Marvel Heroic Role Playing Game
6: What’s it all about? Star Wars WEG (First Edition)
5: What’s it all about? Fiasco

Wisconsin
Playing D&D 5e, The One Ring
Running Traveller (M2e)

Reviews:]
9: D&D Gamma World Roleplaying Game Rulebook - The year is now 2162, or Six Monkey Slap-Slap.
8: Savage Worlds Fantasy Companion - It's not D&D, but that's kind of the point.
7: Monster of the Week - I read this book and now I have to completely rethink everything I know about being a GM
6: Face Front, True Believers! The Marvel Heroic Roleplaying Game
5: It's a bird! It's a plane! It's the Savage Worlds Super Powers Companion!
4: Horror Companion Explorer's Edition. Do Horror Your Way.
3: Thrilling Tales - The De Facto Pulp Companion for Savage Worlds
2: Muscular Thief Crawling out of Sewer Seems Happy, Unaware He is About to be Eaten by Cthulhu (AD&D LNA1)
1: Mini Six - Everything you need, nothing you don't.

{{comment.error.message}}
10. RPG Item: Home Made / Homebrew Villains + NPCs [Average Rating:0.00 Unranked]
Peter

Jeff Fournier
Belmont
Massachusetts

6: Freebie life line used
5: Only War: Be all you can be! (If you can't be a Space Marine)
4: Throwing Good Expeditions after Bad: Beyond the Mountains of Madness

Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland

6: Freebie life line used
5: Exploring the Future Past (Adventures on Tékumel 2.3)
4: All Inclusive Travel Packages!* ( *insurance recommended but not provided) (Adventures on Tékumel 2.2)
3: And you thought being a teenager here was tough! (Adventures on Tékumel 2.1)
2: Millenia from now, in a world outside time and space, a child is born... (Adventures on Tékumel 1)
1: An excellent resource for your fantasy setting (even if it isn't Harn) (Thonahexus)

13. RPG: Shadows of Distrust [Average Rating:0.00 Unranked]
Gray Griffin
msg tools

5: Freebie life line used
4: [Iron Reviewer Entry #4] I Read This Book Too! (GURPS Bunnies & Burrows)
3: [Iron Reviewer Entry #3] Who says apocalypses need to be tragic? (Flatpack: Fix the Future)
2: [Iron Reviewer Entry #2] Hey, I Read This Book! (Wind in the Willows)
1: [Iron Reviewer Entry #1] I don't know how to make this a witty title (Noah's Mark)

14. RPG: Atomic Robo [Average Rating:8.13 Overall Rank:163]

Brian Cooksey
Nashville
Tennessee
designer
I'm on a podcast! - www.agcpodcast.info

Reviews:
5: Members Only (nWoD Werewolf: Lodges: Faithful)
4: Space Murder for Fun and Profit (Traveller: Special Supplement 2)
3: Get Out Of My Tomb! (Pathfinder: Tomb of Kochun)
2: A Fiasco Campaign? What could possibly go wrong? (American Disasters)
1: Fun With Rigor Mortis (Dungeon Dressing: Corpses)

16. RPG: Castle Falkenstein [Average Rating:7.42 Overall Rank:43]
Rhiannon D
Australia
Crafts keep me sane.
New recruit to the spoonie army.

Reviews:
5: 'creative' is such a subjective word. (AD&D DMGR5)
4: Why I'm a total fangirl for Castle Falkenstein
3: A serve of villains with a side of nostalgia (AD&D DMGR6)
2: Amazing magic, annoying structure (Agone: The Grimoire Vol 1)
1: my domain has a dark soul (Agone: The Gray Papers)

17. RPG Item: S-1: The Tomb of Iuchiban [Average Rating:7.58 Overall Rank:2171]
Donald Gardner
New Zealand
Christchurch

Reviews:
4: Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances! (SW-WEG: Galaxy Guide 1)
3: Hoi, Chummer: Music and Media in the Sixth World (Shadowbeat)
2: Is that a Mongoose in your pocket, or are you just happy to be playing 3.0? (Pocket Player's Handbook)
1: Oota goota, Solo? (SW-WEG: Galaxy Guide 4)

18. RPG: Sea Dracula [Average Rating:7.00 Unranked]
Pete
Oxford
Oxfordshire
Brofist
I have eaten the plums that were in the icebox

Reviews:
4: Now Are The Bright Songs Turned To Dust (Dragon Warriors: Sleeping Gods)
3: Hearken To Raggi! (Dragon Warriors: Bestiary)
2: Chummers, I #Heart Debbie Gibson (Shadowrun: Quick-Start Rules)
1: Aah, Bisto! (What You Wish For)

{{comment.error.message}}
19. RPG Item: Dungeon Masters Guide (AD&D 1e) [Average Rating:8.00 Overall Rank:21]
Jeff G
Santa Rosa
California
designer
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
Move along.

Reviews:
4: Crime doesn't pay - it gets you fed (Shattered Empire: OA03)
3: Gone Fishin' (Adventure Hooks, Nasty Surprises and Grudge Encounters)
2: It's A Small World After All (Scavenger Sons)
1: Look What We Came Across Here in the Wilderness (A Typical Tomb)

20. RPG Item: Mastering Iron Heroes [Average Rating:6.20 Overall Rank:6951]
Scott Smith
Erie
Pennsylvania

Reviews:
3: Baby it's cold outside (Pathfinder: People of the North)
2: I'm gonna axe you one more time... (AD&D DLQ2)
1: Is it me or is this castle sinking? (The Knight of Newts)

Chris Tannhauser
San Diego
California
STRAP IN » BURN ON » BLACK OUT
HIT 'EM FROM ORBIT

Reviews:
3: PERIL IN THE PENNILESS FIST ~ Action Resolution at the Speed of Story (d%)
2: MONK/BARD: Nil — The Righteous Perspective of Ambiguity (AD&D Monster Manual)
1: A WEIRD, DEATHLESS FUGUE (Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game)

{{comment.error.message}}
22. RPG: Mutants & Masterminds Third Edition [Average Rating:7.39 Overall Rank:81]
Andrew Goenner
St. Cloud
Minnesota
publisher
Yup, changed the Avatar for self-promotion.
Go vote in the 24-Hour RPG Design Contest!

Reviews:
3: Horror Role Playing with Built-In Atmosphere! (Iron Reviewer 2013 #3) (Dread)
2: Fate Core (KS Draft) - Narrative? Check. Fast-paced combat? Check. Easily adaptable for design purposes? Triple check! (Iron Reviewer 2013 #2)
1: High Octane Excitement for Manly Men! (Iron Reviewer 2013 #1) (Extreme Vengeance)