Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook
Trail of Cthulhu
Microscope
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box
Come Inside My Body
Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game
Aces & Eights: Shattered Frontier
The Extraordinary Adventures of Baron Munchausen
Masks of Nyarlathotep (3rd & 4th edition)
Gamma World Roleplaying Game
Black Tokyo: The Hentai SRD
Lamentations of the Flame Princess (Grindhouse Edition)
Musha Shugyo Special Issue: Kyuden Soyokaze
13th Age
Call of Cthulhu (7th Edition)
All Flesh Must Be Eaten Revised Edition
Tunnels & Trolls Rulebook (5th Edition)
Battle Scarred Veterans Go Hiking
Malleus Monstrorum
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
The Great Pendragon Campaign
Lady Blackbird
X11: Saga of the Shadow Lord
Gamma World Player's Handbook
Eclipse Phase Core Rulebook
The Book of Unremitting Horror
Cthulhu Invictus (2nd edition)
Pathfinder #31: Stolen Land
Savage Worlds Deluxe
ASE1: Anomalous Subsurface Environment: City of Denethix and Dungeon Level 1
Red Tide: Campaign Sourcebook and Sandbox Toolkit
Horror on the Orient Express (2nd Edition)
Fate Core System
Baker Street: Roleplaying in the World of Sherlock Holmes
Eternal Lies
ERA: Epic Storytelling Game
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Pathfinder Society Scenario 6-02: The Silver Mount Collection
DDEX1-01: Defiance in Phlan
The End of the World: Zombie Apocalypse
The Hounds of Halthrag Keep
Infestation, An RPG of Bugs and Heroes
Princes of the Apocalypse
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
36 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

RPG» Forums » Site Related » RPGGeek News

Subject: 2012 RPG Golden Geeks - And the winners are... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: awards [+] Golden_Geek_Awards [+] [View All]
Dave Bernazzani (@rpggeek)
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2012 RPG Golden Geeks

The RPG Golden Geek Awards for 2012 are revealed! Once again I'm very proud of the selections our community has chosen - all the nominees and finalists were worthy contenders, but there can only be one set of winners.

These awards are being simultaneously announced here with the live announcement ceremony at BGG.con

2012 Podcast of the Year

Joining YSDC: Lovecraftian Media (formally Yogsloth) and The Walking Eye Podcast is our newest winner: Ken and Robin Talk About Stuff

Congratulations to Kenneth Hite (@kennethhite) and Robin D. Laws (@RobinDLaws) for their superb work on this new Podcast. Both are active on Twitter and are members of the RPG Geek community! This is Ken's second Golden Geek (the first was for Bookhounds of London). This is Robin's first Golden Geek award.

2012 Best Artwork and Presentation

Joining The Dresden Files Roleplaying Game and Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game Box Set is our newest winner: The One Ring: Adventures over the Edge of the Wild

Congratulations to Cubicle 7 Entertainment (@cubicle7) and the Art and Production staff who worked on this amazing book! This is Cubicle 7's first Golden Geek award.

2012 Best Supplement

Joining Cthulhu Invictus (2nd edition) and Bookhounds of London is our newest winner: Fiasco Companion

Congratulations to Jason Morningstar (@jmstar) who is no stranger to RPG Geek. He has been highly active here in our community over the past couple of years. Although his Fiasco (2009) did not win in the one year it was eligible, it is obvious his masterpiece has become a staple for RPG Geeks and is showcased in our forums almost daily. This is Jason's first Golden Geek.

And finally the big one...

2012 RPG of the Year

Joining The Dresden Files Roleplaying Game and Apocalypse World is our newest winner: Dungeon World (@Dungeon_World)

Congratulations to Adam Koebel (@skinnyghost) and Sage LaTorra (@olde_fortran) for their amazing adaptation of Apocalypse World into classic high fantasy. The core book for this has just been released and this game has won based on the strength of the Beginner book released last year at GenCon and the beta playtests. After having just sat down and read the full release I can safely say that this is going to be a huge hit on the RPG Geek play-by-forums in 2013! Great work guys! This is Adam and Sage's first Golden Geek award.

Feel free to tweet about the winners and post on various blogs, websites, etc. You can also follow the action with our Twitter feed @rpggeek. Additionally, most of the winners have RPG Geek accounts and are part of our community so post below with your comments for them to read. Our community continues to rocks - and we put that on public display with every great set of awards we produce.

Each of the winners who have an account on RPG Geek will receive the following prestigious microbadge mb. If you are an artist or production staffer involved with any of these books and would like the 2012 Golden Geek microbadge, please sent me a geekmail. Click on the Golden Geek logo (to the upper right) for a full 1024x1024 official version of the logo which you are free to use on your website or to promote the award. I will be in contact with the winners to gather mailing addresses for the shipping actual physical hardware.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be slow-rolling the winners out over the next hour... In the meantime, feel free to watch this Stones video that I've had on loop for the last 2 hours while putting all the finishing touches on this.

[
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats to Ken and Robin!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Other Steve
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats to Ken & Robin! It's only been around a few weeks but has rocketed to the top of my playlist each week - extremely well put together with lots of interesting content. Not always directly related to RPGs, but all the better for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Gardner
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Ken and Robin! Looking forward to the other announcements!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vestige wrote:
Congrats to Ken & Robin! It's only been around a few weeks but has rocketed to the top of my playlist each week - extremely well put together with lots of interesting content. Not always directly related to RPGs, but all the better for it.

I hadn't even heard about their podcast until it got a nomination a couple months back. Obviously I had a listen - and have now almost caught up with all their shows. Top stuff indeed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratz the THE ONE RING. I have not played it yet but it really looks nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Hite
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Many, many thanks to everyone who voted for us. I think I can safely say that both Robin and I are a lot honored and a little dumfounded at our dizzying ascent, especially given the superb talent represented by the other nominees.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
Life and death come and go like marionettes dancing on a table. Once their strings are cut, they easily crumble.
badge
What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror. Then we shall see face to face.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, beautiful competition this year!

CONGRATS!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Morningstar
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you RPG Geeks! I am delighted to win this award. Congratulations to the other nominees as well!
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrts, Jason!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic McDowall-Thomas
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmb
That's fantastic, I'm absolutely delighted! Thanks so much to everyone who voted for us!

Dom (Cubicle 7)
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sage LaTorra
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much everyone! To be picked out of such an outstanding field is really amazing!
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats to the designers of Dungeon World!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Koebel
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much to everyone who voted. We are beside ourselves over here.
  • [+] Dice rolls
ROBIN LAWS
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I join Ken in expressing my thanks for this signal honor. Considering how new the show is, this result is truly stunning. Along with behind-the-scenes mover and shaker Simon Rogers of Pelgrane Press and Profantasy Software, we'll raise a grateful toast when we meet in London at the end of the month.

Thanks also goes to John Kovalic for his splendid website illustrations and to Dork Tower for its sponsorship, and to sponsor DriveThru RPG. We share your kudos with James Semple, who created the music we use on the show, and sound engineer Robert Borges.

We'd also like to acknowledge the illustrious company of our fellow nominees, and most of all to thank award voters and organizers. We take this honor as an instruction to continue talking about stuff, and will endeavor to make good on that mission.

Enjoy the rest of the show, BGG.con attendees!
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Gagan
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Fiasco Companion and Dungeon World are two of my favorite things that came out this year. Really top notch products.

Kudos and congratulations to all the finalists and winners!

*goes back to work on his Dungeon World campaign...*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hodkinson
Canada
Kemble
Ontario
flag msg tools
兵者,詭道也。
badge
mbmb
Congrats to Ken and Robin, Jason, Adam and Sage, and the people at Cubicle 7.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Other Steve
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats to all the winners (and the other nominees too)!!! I am very excited about Dungeon World and am currently in my first game of Fiasco - great games both of them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce McGeorge
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
Hey you kids, get off my Avatar!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats to all of the winners! Especially excited about Ken and Robin Talk About Stuff's win! Hopefully they won't retire now... ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Such a strong set of nominees this year! Congrats to all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Cale
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again.
mbmbmbmbmb
Some deserving winners, indeed. Congratulations to all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
July 5th Miramar -Be There!
mbmbmbmbmb
All fantastic winners, congratulations to all the entrants as the standard was so high.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna Hind
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
“Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering.” ― Steve Maraboli
badge
"Be happy with being you. Love your flaws. Own your quirks. And know that you are just as perfect as anyone else, exactly as you are." Ariana Grande
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats to all the awesome winners
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
ASL ... yes, this is my Desert Island Game. If I have to give up all my 3000+ games and only allowed to keep one, this would be it. This bloody game stood the test of time. Around for more than 25 years - simply the best.
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!

Oh, and an awesome choice of music, Dave meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.